About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Saturday 13 January 2018

Innovations


So what's your favourite little innovation that you think should be everywhere?

 

So I had a long train journey recently and it gave me time to think about random things. Sorry be warned I do this a lot!!

 

For example, is there a reason between why two yellow lines means no parking? Surely the colour of no is red. No entry signs are red, red ski slopes are the most dangerous etc., so why yellow?

 

Anyway I started to think about things about innovations that I have recently seen and wonder why these aren’t rolled out further or are still stuff of dreams.

 

For example, I would love lines to be put on the barrier in front of me when parking that show car parking lines. No more opening doors to make sure you are within the lines. Why haven’t I seen this done locally?? It seems so simple but effective and helpful. 

 

I would also love an internet buying meet up point, apparently these already exist in America and I don’t understand why they haven’t been introduced here.

 

If you are anything like me I am always buying and selling stuff on the internet through Facebook or eBay and once sold you then have to agree to a collection point to exchange money and items. It can be all very dodgy in supermarket car parks. When I do this I always try and meet somewhere public as you have no idea who this person is or if they are going to do a runner without paying.

 

These spaces are manned with cctv to provide you with a little bit more added security. To me this is a fab idea. It saves having the conversation about where to meet and what you are wearing so you can be spotted. 

 

I spoke to some fellow bloggers to see what innovations they swear by or would love to see in the future. Here are some of their thoughts:

 

Charlie Beswick Those little coin imitation key ring things are wicked when you don’t have a pound for the trolley! Www.ouralteredlife.com

 

Pete Chatfield I love Apple Pay. The number of times I would go out and realise I had left my card at home. Now, it's not such an issue. www.householdmoneysaving.com

 

Amy Shipham RingGo app, so helpful for remembering when your parking runs out and can add to it without going back to the car! So useful!
Www.epsandamy.co.uk

 

Heledd Jones I would love to see drive-through shops! Would be so handy!!!
https://yummyblogger.com/.../5-ways-businesses-could-be.../

 

Melanie Cossins Oh I would like to see those meet up spots for lonely people.

 

I have to say I own a coin keyring and use it all the time, especially as one of our local supermarkets still uses them and I never seem to carry cash anymore.

 

Apple Pay, I am yet to set up. I am still getting used to contactless, so bear with me and I will catch up.

 

I use RingGo all the time at work and thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is like me and rarely carries cash!! I am often stuck at work in a meeting and it means I can just extend my car parking through an app. Fab idea.

 

Heledd’s idea of drive though shops is just simply amazing. When travelling with the boys I often just want to pop in for a couple of items but it’s such a hassle getting them out of the car. Occasionally Oliver will fall asleep in the car and there is no way I am waking him just to buy a pint of milk. PLEASE someone invent these!!

 

Finally I think Melanie’s idea would be great. With mental health service budgets dropping, why can’t we have spaces to meet where lonely people can meet just to chat? Somewhere if you have five minutes you can offer a listening ear. This is so simple but it could be so effective.

 

Are there any innovations that you have used or seen that are a good idea??
 
#themummymonster #blog #innovations #pleaseinventdrivethroughshops #meetupspot #whatelseshouldbeinvented


1 comment:

  1. I love anything that makes life as a working mother easier. Not new but my phone plays a huge part keeping me totally organised by using my calendar, to-do list (I use Trello) and making sure that I can sneak in a bit of social media catch up as well x

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...