About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Saturday 21 April 2018

Buffet Food

I seriously need some help. In the next couple of months I am going to be catering for two different parties and although my Mum is helping me, I really have no idea what to serve!!

When I go to a buffet all I can see is pastry, pastry and more pastry and as I cant eat pastry it fills me with dread :(



The first is Oliver's joint birthday and Christening party. I will be serving different generations. People will be stood up and using paper plates so not really being able to use cutlery. So what the heck do you serve?

Time is also limited as I don’t want to spend the day cooking and miss him turning two, but I want it to be impressive and ensure no one goes home hungry as there is nothing worse!!

The second birthday is a fifth birthday party for Sam!! About 35 hungry children who just want to feed on sugar and squash. Do I just bite the bullet and buy everything or will hoards of children appreciate the time and effort of cooking everything from scratch??

Do people still want sausage rolls and egg sandwiches or do they want nibbles and fancy little quiches? How do you know how much to feed people? Are they going to have eaten before they attend or are they wanting lunch?

It seems to be a complete minefield!!


Since writing, We have given in and ordered sandwiches and wraps to take a bit of pressure off us 👍

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...