About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Sunday 25 March 2018

Seed Bombs!!



Recycled Paper Seed Bombs




This is mine and Sam’s first go at an instruction blog post so please go easy on us especially as I had to supervise as well as make and do J


So here it goes…..


These are the instructions to make your own Seed Bombs.


To make a seed bomb you will need the following

Ingredients:

Old paper – newspaper, bills, white or coloured paper

Warm water

Food colouring

A packet of wildflower hardy seeds


Equipment:

A large bowl

A jug

A hand mixer

A sieve

A spoon

A cookie/playdough cutter or silicone mould

Fine mesh


Method


Start by shredding all of the paper into small pieces and place into a bowl. Sam and I used between 6-8 sheets of A4 in each batch we made.



Fill the jug with warm water and add your chosen food colouring. Be sure to add a lot of colour as you will loose a lot of it when the water is drained later.



Pour the warm water and food colouring over the shredded paper. The water should cover the paper and leave for as long as you can. The first batch we left for about 2 hours and the second batch we left for about 3.5 hours. Stir occasionally to ensure all the paper is covered in water.




Once it is well and truly softened, use a hand blender to turn it into a pulp. It is worth holding a cloth around the bowl as it can be quite a messy job!!




Once it has turned into a pulp put it in a sieve over a bowl or sink and use the back of a spoon to push out as much as the water as possible.




Once it is a dry as possible return the pulp to the bowl. Then it is time to add the packet of seeds, mix them carefully into the mixture.




Now comes the fun bit, either spoon or use your hands to add the mixture into a silicone mould or a cooker cutter. If using a cookies cutter then mould the mixture and place the mould over fine wire mesh. Make sure there is some kitchen roll under the mesh to catch the water.

  
Once they are thoroughly dry, remove them from their mould.



Wrap them as you wish but don’t forget to include the details of the flowers and when and how to sow them. Enjoy J





I just realised that Sam isn't in any of the pictures!! I promise he was there helping me!! lol

Have fun and don't forget to show me your results x



2 comments:

  1. This is such a great activity to get the children involved with, I remember doing this when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Natalie. Sam and I really enjoyed making them 😁

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...