About Me

About me

My name is Nik and I am Mum to two small boys called Sam and Oliver and partner to the long suffering Ali and we are based in Devon, England.

My blog is about my journey though life, the highs, the lows and all the fun and messy bits in-between.

It is a personal blog that is written by me and only features my opinions. I do work on behalf of businesses and companies, writing posts and reviews but I will only give you my honest thoughts, if I love it or hate it I will tell you.

If you would like to get in touch with me or my mini monsters please contact me at
themummymonster1@gmail.com





Tuesday 20 March 2018

Easter – how do you celebrate it?


 
Easter, is a funny time of year for us as Ali is a butcher and he is absolutely snowed in at work, however this year it sounds like he could actually be snowed in if the snow returns for Easter!! Anyway, I am usually on my own with the boys.

 

Depending on when Easter falls it can also fall on my Mum’s, my brothers or my birthday. Mum’s is at the end of March, my brother is early April and I am at the end of April so we often have a family meal to arrange too.

 

Easter is also a bit usual for us as Sam can’t have dairy products. Technically he is lactose free but we generally avoid all dairy products, this means that buying chocolate eggs unless specific ones can be hard and they don’t always taste great so I avoid them.

 

This year I have decided that I will buy them one chocolate egg each and then do a basket of Easter things for them to find during an Easter egg hunt. So far I have bought some Easter bubbles, some Haribo sweets and the Paddington 2 DVD to watch. I usually hide little yellow chicks all over the house and then send the boys off with their new buckets to find them. Depending on the weather sometimes the chicks are even hidden outside. Once they have found them all I give them a clue to find their Easter gifts.

 

However I feel a bit mean by telling other people not to buy them any Easter eggs. Neither of the boys are particularly bothered by chocolate (they certainly don’t take after me, I am totally bothered by chocolate and would eat it for breakfast, lunch and tea) so am I the only one who says no the chocolate eggs?

 

Do you have egg hunts in your house? Do your children get lots of chocolate? Do they eat it or do you help? What other alternatives do you use?
 
#Easter #chocolate #alternativegifts #themummymonster

5 comments:

  1. The big thing about Easter for us is spending it with family. We go small on the chocolate eggs but big on the Sunday roast :)

    Enjoy your Easter x

    http://thatmumlife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to celebrate Easter more when I lived at home with my parents and sisters - we used to get given eggs and be allowed to have them for breakfast on Easter Sunday (chocolate ones!) I remember one year trying to eat my coco pops out of half an egg - it didnt go down to well! I hope you have a lovely Easter and enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do you mean using the chocolate egg as the bowl? that sounds amazing!! I might have to try it :)

      Delete
  3. I've never done an egg hunt for my two but I'm planning to do one this year as I think they will love it. We usually have a huge Easter basket from the Bunny, loads of chocolate from friends and family - too much. This year I've said one egg each and crafts, toys or clothes instead - I'm a mean mum.

    ReplyDelete

The Extreme Stunt Show

  Extreme Stunt Show   So this week we should have been in France but it was obviously cancelled due to the naughty bug, as it’s known...